Project Architect / Designer
KSQ Design is a national design firm specializing in collegiate student life facilities, campus planning, multifamily housing, senior housing, mixed-use developments, and K-12 education. We offer a full range of services such as planning, programming, architectural, engineering, and interior design services. We are seeking a Project Architect / Designer to be a key part of our firm in our NYC, NY office.
The applicant will work on New York City Multi-Family, and Collegiate Student Life, and K-12 projects throughout all phases of the project life cycle to ensure a high-quality product. The applicant will work as part of a team to create a project design from start to finish that satisfies the client’s needs, regulate its progress, abide to all financial budgets and deadlines, and sees the project to completion. Qualified candidates must be self-motivated, team players, interested in personal and professional growth and learning, and have excellent design and production skills.
Previous experience in our specific markets, especially New York City Multi-Family, with an emphasis on Construction Administration is preferred. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
- Professional degree in architecture from an accredited architecture program or equivalent
- Must be licensed or motivated to attain licensure
- Responsible for all aspects of construction administration including but not limited to shop drawing/submittal review and coordination, attending project meetings, periodic monitoring of construction sites, interfacing with contractors and clients.
- May have responsibilities such as assisting with prioritizing, delegating, and coordinating project production under the supervision of the Project Manager
- Ability to collaborate positively and professionally in a team environment; will coordinate project details with other team members
- Strong technical proficiency and creative skills, including construction administration
- Able to meet challenging deadlines while producing a quality product
- Strong proficiency in Revit Architecture is a must, AutoCad, InDesign, and Photoshop, along with a variety of rendering software is beneficial
Benefits:KSQ is a 2015 Zweig White Best Firm to Work For and offers a competitive compensation and a benefits package including: Exam Reimbursement/ Profit Sharing Bonuses/ 401K Plan/ Medical/ Dental/ Vision/ FSA/ Accident/ Critical Illness/ Life & Disability Insurance/ Paid Time Off/ Holidays.